Responding to the needs of families and youth in our community.
To offer quality programmes and services that recognize the community's strengths, diversity, and needs.
“Be the Best You can Be”
Working together to build stronger communities
At Heart Beatz, community is not just a word, it’s something we see come to life every day in the diverse and inclusive programmes we offer.
We see it in the strong bonds that form between the youth and staff in our after-school and summer programmes. We see it in the care that our early childhood educators take to connect with children through play. In the nutritious meals created in our community kitchens. In the connections formed in our EarlyON Child and Family Centres.
We know that the route to a deeper connection is caring people coming together every day with a common purpose. We’ve been active in our community for over 40 years and we are proud to continue to offer a foundation to help it grow and thrive.
Heart Beatz/Cliffcrest Community Centre is committed to:
- the right of all individuals to mutual respect and acceptance of others without biases based on gender, race, ethnic identification, sexual orientation, social status, experience, traditions, and heritage
- a positive and safe environment based on cooperation, open communication, and team-work
- supporting and strengthening clients and staff through equitable treatment, education, and opportunities for growth and development
- continuous quality improvement based on feedback, evidence, and best practices
- integrity, social responsibility, accountability and the highest ethical standards
- programmes and services that are of benefit to our stakeholders and the community
We love working with our community
Our team includes passionate and skilled individuals who love what they do.
From the enthusiastic leaders who know how to connect with youth, to early childhood educators who provide their expertise in our child care centres, to the managers who provide a vision for our overall programming, we are an inclusive and supportive team ready to listen to and serve our community.
Programmes crafted for our community
Heart Beatz offers a range of services for many age groups and needs in our diverse community. Our programmes for children include child care for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, as well as for school-aged children from kindergarten to grade 6. We also offer summer camps for school-aged children.
Our EarlyON Child and Family Centres offer drop-in programming for children and their families.
For youth, we offer after school programmes, a community kitchen programme, and a youth summer camp for youth in grades 7 to 12.