- To build community capacity and improve community resiliency by working with children, youth and their families.
- To provide diverse community members access to quality programmes and services in safe environments.
- To develop a strong sense of social responsibility with communities.
- To provide increased opportunities for children and youth to develop to their full potential.
- To work collaboratively with diverse service sectors to develop caring and safe neighborhoods.
We see a community:
- With highly-visible focal points where diverse community members can access quality programs and services in save environments;
- Where there is equality of opportunity and people feel a strong sense of social responsibility to better the community in which they live.
- Has open access to its members by providing diverse programs that meet the community’s needs in partnership with other organizations, and that is run by a committed staff and board who are accountable to its members.
- We embrace the changing demographics, as well as the unique needs and special interests of our diverse community.
- We believe in a positive environment where teamwork, mutual trusts and open communications are essential.
- We respect individuality and encourage individual growth and development.
- We believe in focusing on and supporting an individual’s strengths.
- We value continuous quality improvement and innovation, and we strive to foster vision and creativity.
- We value integrity in all our decisions and actions.
- “Be the best you can be” is the motto that Heartbeatz/Cliffcrest Community Centre uses day-to-day.
- Through the combined dedication of our funders, volunteers, employees and Board of Directors we strive to become leaders in our community.
- One of our goals is to foster a safe and healthy environment that nourishes personal growth, creativity, innovation, communication, co-operation, compassion, life-long learning, professionalism and participation.
- To embrace the changing demographics, as well as the unique needs and special interests of our diverse community.
- To establish safe focal points in the community, with caring and highly trained staff and volunteers who foster a strong sense of social responsibility and commitment.
- To provide open and equal access to high-quality programs, services and activities that increase opportunities for vulnerable young people and families.
- To work collaboratively with government, funding agencies and special interest groups to achieve our mission.
- To ensure honesty and integrity are reflected in Heartbeatz/Cliffcrest Community Centre’s fundraising initiatives, as well as in the recruitment of staff and volunteers.
- To apply the highest standards of accountability to the decisions and policies of the staff and volunteers of Heartbeatz/Cliffcrest Community Centre.
- To stimulate a community whose diverse demographics are a source of pride and empowerment.
- To provide young people and families open and equal access to high-quality programs, services and activities that boost self-esteem and increase opportunities; and
- To promote a community where equal opportunity fosters a strong sense of social responsibility and commitment to our community.